Tuesday, April 16, 2013

CHICKEN BHARTA

I was first introduced with this chicken preparation by my maternal aunt (masimoni, as I call her). During one of my visits to her place, she made this dish for me and I liked it very much. I was in my school then but in my hearts of heart, I had decided that I have to learn this recipe from her when I grow up. When I really started cooking after my marriage, I learnt that recipe from her. I have added a few things to make this yummy recipe more yummy.

INGREDIENTS

Boneless Chicken-700gm (boiled with ginger, garlic and little salt)
Onion paste-1 medium size
Tomata-1 cut into 4 halves
Ginger-2 tsp
Garlic-3 tsp
Green Chilli-3
Salt-as per taste
Sugar-1tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red chilli powder-1tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Cashew nut paste-1/2 tbsp
Poppy seeds paste-1 tbsp
Curd-1 tsp
Whole Garam masala- Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves
Boiled Egg-2 
Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri meethi)-1tsp
Fresh cream-1tbsp
Refined oil for cooking

METHOD

Shred the boiled chicken into small parts. Take some refined oil in a wok and add whole garam masala. Wait till it splutters. Then add the onion paste and fry a little. Add little sugar, red chilli powder to the onion paste. This will give a nice color to the dish. Then put the ginger garlic paste and fry for some more time. One- by-one, go on adding, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curd and halved tomatoes. Cook the gravy nicely till it starts leaving oil. Then it is the right time to add the shredded chicken to the gravy. Mix well and add the cashew nut paste, poppy seeds paste and the seasoning. If required add some lukewarm water to it. It won't take much time to cook because the chicken is also boiled. Add the fresh cream and sprinkle kasuri meethi before taking it off the heat. Now garnish with boiled eggs and serve hot with any Indian bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment