Thursday, May 30, 2013

PANEER WALI GOBI

Today when I opened my fridge to look for some vegetables to make something for dinner, I could only find one small cauliflower  (gobi) and a small chunk of cottage cheese (paneer) left with me. I was really worried because neither of the thing would be enough to make a curry that would suffice three members of my family. And on the top of it, I felt lethargic to venture out for veggie-shopping. So an idea clicked me of mixing the both ingredients to make something new. And trust me, the outcome was really good. Check out the recipe for it now.    

INGREDIENTS

Cauliflower (gobi)-1 small (cut into small florets)
Cottage cheese-100 gm
Potato-1 small
Masala paste- (Blend together 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1/2 bunch coriander leaf, 3 cashew nuts)
Curd- 1tsp
Melon seeds (charmogaj) paste-2 tsp
Kasuri meethi- 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Green chilli-1
Red chilli powder-1tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin (jeera) seeds-1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar as per taste

METHOD

Take oil in a pan, fry the cauliflower florets smearing little salt and sugar. Keep aside. Now put the tempering of meethi and jeera seeds. Wait till this starts spluttering. Add the chopped potatoes and fry for sometime. Now add the masala paste to it and fry well. Add the curd and melon seeds paste, and cook well over low flame. Add the fried cauliflower now and mix well with the masala. Put the seasonings, chilli powder, green chilli and turmeric powder. Add little water and mix all well. Add the paneer cubes now and cover the pan. Cook till the veggies become soft and the gravy reaches right consistency. Sprinkle kasuri meethi and serve hot with any type of Indian bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment